1. Raffles Europejski – Warsaw – Now open, Raffles opens up the whole of Poland with the first 5-star hotel in the country, a grand hotel that will surely help luxeplorers add Poland to their radar this year.
2. Heckfield Place (Fall 2018) – located in Hampshire, about 35 mins from Heathrow, Heckfield will be a fabulous countryside resort where guests are encouraged to forage for dinner ingredients and participate in the working farm and even work alongside chefs to prepare dinner.
3. Park Hyatt St. Kitts – Opened this past winter, the first luxury resort on the island, the contemporary – chic Park Hyatt will bring the sleepy island of St. Kitts prime time.
4. Rosewood Luang Prabang – An uber-luxe experience 10 minutes from the center of this beautiful city, one of the last in Asia with little Western invasion. The resort will feature 22 spacious villas many with private pools. In addition, luxury tents add a new dimension to glamping with open-air showers, tubs and living rooms. So far it’s getting all five star reviews.
5. Fonteney – Hamburg – Germany’s progressive city of Hamburg finally gets a true luxury hotel. Set lakeside, this urban resort fuses contemporary design with whimsical, fresh touches and the perfect place to explore the new Elbphilarmonie cultural center.
6.The Jaffa Tel Aviv – (Summer 2018) – In a late change, what was supposed to be a W Hotel for Tel Aviv will now be The Jaffa Tel Aviv, a Luxury Collection Hotel. Both brands are owned by Marriott International along with other luxury flags such as Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis and Bulgari. Located in the old town of Jaffa, it is the only luxury beachfront hotel within walking distance to the neighborhoods fabulous art galleries, acclaimed restaurants, buzzing bars and club. No doubt it will be a Game Changer for the city.
7. Setai Tel Aviv – not to be outdone, the Setai brand expands with its new hotel, also located in Jaffa’s artsy suburb of downtown Tel Aviv. This new beachfront Setai Tel Aviv will feature 120 slick rooms offering a level of luxury and design unknown to the Israeli coast.
8. Setai, Sea of Galilee – The Setai brand also expands into the north of Israel. The first luxury resort of its kind on Israel’s serene Sea of Galiliee, the renowned Setai Miami brings an air of modernity and sexiness to this region that has since suffered from a lack of sufficient accommodations. Home to the country’s largest wellness facility, it offers a base to hike the Golan mountains or experience a host of adventure activities in the country’s north.
9. Amanyangyun – Just 45 minutes outside of Shanghai, Amanyangyun will be a remarkable resort recreating the owner’s rural village with Ming- and Qing-dynasty structures plus hundreds of trees, all literally transplanted and reassembled, brick by ancient brick, to create a truly unique immersive experience with 24 Ming Courtyard Suites and 13 Antique Villas feature tranquil courtyards.
10. Adare Manor – Set on an 842-acre estate in Limirick, Ireland, the newly reimagined Adare Manor will emerge with an ambitious Tom Fazio golf course that is positioned to be one of the best golf courses in Europe. Interiors will have a fresh take on Gothic Revival style while the Le Mer spa will be a first in Ireland.
11. Auberge The Lodge at Blue Sky – Set outside of Salt Lake City’s pristine mountains, Blue Sky will be a game changer in offering a luxury ranch and tented camp experience within easy reach of a hub city. Its luxury yurts will be among the largest luxury tents in the country while its bespoke approach to outdoor adventures, let by ex-Aman visionary Stuart Campbell, will redefine the way people explore the American West.
12. The Langley – Live your own Downton Abbey life on what was once the Duke of Marlborough’s Former Country Estate. Located in the Langley Park estate, a 40-minute drive from the heart of London, this 41-room boutique boasts a 25,000 sft spa and some of the most sumptuous, yet traditional accommodations in the United Kingdom.
13. Rosewood Baha Mar – Recently opened, the long anticipated Rosewood Baha Mar will finally swing its doors open this Spring as an elite oasis in the sprawling Bahamian Baha Mar complex. Its sprawling villas and multi-bedroom residences will be unique in the Caribbean, giving guests an exclusive beach experience with access to the amazing restaurants, entertainment and casino of Baha Mar just steps away. And being just over a 2 hour jaunt from New York it is kinda a no-brainer weekend excursion for anyone.
14. One & Only Nyungwe House & One & Only Gorilla’s Nest – Rwanda – One&Only Resorts will pave the way for travelers to experience Rwanda and all its natural wonders in true luxury. First up, the 22 room One&Only Nyungwe House opens on the grounds of lush working tea plantation on the footsteps of the ancient Nyungwe Forest National Park – famous for its chimpanzees. And later in the year, One&Only Gorilla’s Nest debuts on the foothills of the acclaimed Virunga Volcano range where guests will have the opportunity to experience one of the rarest wildlife experiences in the world – interacting with Gorillas in their native habitat.
15. Six Senses Bhutan – Six Senses opens five boutique adventure lodges in Bhutan joining the venerable Amankora lodges and forging the way for luxury explorers to experience this unique country with a focus on wellness and sexy, contemporary design.
16. Sanders Copenhagen – This stunning new gem is the brainchild of renowned Danish ballet dancer, Alexander Kølpin, who adds this boutique hotel to Copenhagen’s buzzing scene in an idyllic location. Inspired by his personal experience and travels, Kølpin brings a refined aesthetic sensibility and ideology to the property which is deeply rooted in his creative history.
17. Bulgari in China – The lifestyle-branded hotel hits China this year in tandem in Shanghai and Beijing, both featuring a Bulgari Spa and pool, central location and an intimate atmosphere (Beijing will have 119 rooms and Shanghai only 82), designed by Antonio Citterio Patricia Viel, the mastermind behind the Bulagri Milan, London and Bali.
18. Silversands, Grenada – (Fall 2018) – the islands first luxury resort boasts five private beachfront villas with private infinity pools all done up with a chic, whimsical style. Other guests will enjoy oversized suites (the smallest is over 700 square feet!) with organic woods and earth-toned marble accents, most framing shimmering turquoise views. At the center of the resort is a football-field size infinity pool lined with cabanas, swings and slick lounge furniture.
19. Lutetia Paris – The reimagination of this grand dame will surely redefine the Left Bank of Paris. Resorted to its former art-déco glory, the Luetitia will have the largest accommodations on the Left Bank, an area known for its small, bed & breakfast like
options. From its sprawling spa to its spectacular Jazz Bar, no doubt it will be a hub for trend-setters looking to experience “Paris-Cool” without sacrificing creature comforts.
20. Allia Ventana Big Sur – Following unpresented storms that knocked out the bridge to Bir Sur and much of its surroundings, Ventana Inn reopens this year better than ever with 15 pimped out glamping tents (the only of its kind in California) and 59 zen-line rooms with a modern rustic ambiance. Ventana’s tents will be the first luxury accommodation in Big Sur to welcome kids of any age.
21. Burgenstock – Set high above Lake Lucern with some of the most spectacular views in Switzerland, the new Burgenstock resort boldly opens its doors with three distinct resorts: The Palace, a classic revival, the Burgenstock, a slick, contemporary concept and the Waldhotel, a state of the art clinical spa complete with medical practitioners and encyclopedic options of spa treatments, perfect for someone looking to restore their body or just recovering from that “elective surgery.”
22. The Murray – paying tribute to Hong Kong’s heyday Art-Deco period, the 336 Murray will bring a glamourous touch to downtown Hong Kong Island.
23. Bishop’s Lodge – Santa Fe, New Mexico (Summer 2018) – Auberge Resorts reopens this historic ranch resort located at the foothills of New Mexico’s Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Set on 317 acres, this jewel emerges after a $75 million renovation, restoring its glory from when it first opened in 1918. In addition to 92 rooms and suites and 12 residences there will be three incredible glamping tents for a night under the stars.
24. Four Seasons Astir Palace – This urban resort, located just 30 minutes from Athens, offers guests a wonderful beach experience within easy reach of the international airport and access to some of the most incredible archeological ruins in the world. With 300 rooms, suites and bungalows it will be a destination resort with a full spa, a beach club and unique gastronomic experiences.
25. Four Seasons Costa Palmas – Los Cabos, Mexico (coming Winter 2018) -Forming part of the private beach community of Costa Palmas at the sandy eastern shoreline of Baja (considered its “secret cape”) is the 145-room Four Seasons featuring a Robert Trent Jones II–designed golf course.
26. Hotel Celestine Kyoto Gion – This 157 room new luxury hotel features its own onsen (natural hot spring) in the heart of the Higashiyama district.
27. Gloria Manor – This beautiful new 60-room resort in Taiwan’s Kenting National Park is the first luxury eco-resort of its kind, with a modernist twist on a former guest house.
28. San Francisco Proper – Kelly Werstler’s newest creation infuses color and whimsy to the Bay area with the funky new Proper located right on Market Street and sure to be one of the buzziest hangouts in the city!
29. Fauchon Hotel Paris – located across from the Madeleine and steps from the Plaza Concorde, this marks the first foray of this Paris gastronomic mainstay into the hotel business. Fusing its signature pink spark with an otherwise neutral palette, the hotel will be chic and fun with an unsurprising focus on an incredible foodie-focus.
30. Azerai Can Tho, Vietnam – Adrean Zecha’s second resort manifests his post-Aman vision with incredible space, design and bespoke service set among the silky power sand beaches of Can Tho.